The EMT Course has three components:
- Didactic (160 hours): technical, theory and practical hands-on education
- Clinical (24 hours): field training (2 EMS ride-alongs) with a minimum of 10 patient contacts
- Testing (12 hours): weekly exams, midterm, and final exam
Through lectures, interactive presentations, skills labs and simulations, you will build the knowledge and skills to care for patients. Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be eligible to take the national registry exam required prior to applying for California State EMT certification.
This course meets all the educational requirements for the certification process as specified in the regulations of the State of California Emergency Medical Services Authority.
The documents listed below will need to be provided to us BEFORE the class starts.
Email prerequisites to email@example.com with the subject line "Defib EMT Prerequisites"
- 1 Negative TB Test
- Results within the last 18 months
- Proof of MMR, TDAP, HepB, Varicella or Titres
- Here is a list of immunization clinic in the county Local Immunization and TB Testing. Doctors on Duty also provides these (and TB Test) for a reasonable price
- Uniform (links are for suggested items - you may purchase other brands of similar quality)
- EMT Patch - You will receive this on the 1st day of class (to be sewn onto the left sleeve 1/2" below the shoulder seam)
- EMS Shirt - Navy Blue Short-Sleeve Button Up (MEN / WOMEN)
- Undershirt - Navy Blue (MEN / WOMEN)
- EMS Pants - Navy Blue (MEN / WOMEN)
- EMS Boots - Black (MEN / WOMEN)
- Black Belt
- 7.5” Trauma Shears
- Blood Pressure Cuff
- Wrist Watch (with a second hand)
- Live Scan Report
- Live Scan Forms
- Enrollment Agreement
- We will email all forms to be completed via Echo Sign
- EMT Student Insurance
Do not Purchase the textbook yet! We will be sending you a link to the JB learning website with a discount code and your course ID number. This link is sent out three weeks prior to the start of the class.
- Physical Textbook Optional
Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Navigate 2 Essentials Access
- eTextbook Mandatory
Navigate 2 Advantage Digital Supplement EMT 11E and FISDAP
- Laptop, iPad or Tablet
- All students must possess a laptop, iPad or tablet to complete assignments
- BLS (Basic Life Support Certification)
- 1. Go to http://defibthis.enrollware.com/calendar
- 2. Click on a BLS class that works for your schedule
- 3. Click on “Continue with Registration”
- 4. Use the promo code “defibemt” to redeem your complimentary course.
- 5. Complete your registration
- 6. Every student MUST bring the 2015 BLS Manual to class! See registration page for details.
- Enrollment Agreement
- Will be emailed to student via DocUsign
- Payment Plan Documents (only applicable to students on a Payment Plan)
- 1) Promissory Note - emailed to Borrower via Echo Sign
- 2) Two Post-Dated Checks - see Promissory Note for Details
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. We are here to help!
1543 Pacific Ave.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Yes, we have a Payment Plan!
Contact us for more information
2018 SEMESTER SCHEDULE:
Winter EMT-A: January 8th - March 17th
Winter EMT-B: January 9th - March 18th
Spring EMT-A: April 2nd - June 9th
Spring EMT-B: April 3rd - June 10th
Summer EMT-A: June 18th - August 25th
Summer EMT-B: June 19th - August 26th
Summer EMT 5 Week: June 18th - July 19th
Fall EMT-A: September 10th - November 17th
Fall EMT-B: September 11th - November 18th
Fall EMT 5 Week: September 10th - October 11th
EMT-A Class Schedule:
Mondays and Wednesdays: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Saturdays: 9:00am - 5:30pm
EMT-B Class Schedule:
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Sundays: 9:00am - 5:30pm
EMT 5 Week Class Schedule:
Monday-Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm